Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Graduation Day!

It's official, my daughter, Cailyn, is now a graduate! Saturday was the big day of pomp and circumstance followed up on Sunday with a delicious celebratory luncheon for friends and family at our favorite restaurant, Sushi Tomo. Grandparents were not 100% into the sushi ("what, no bread?") but they made the best of it. Everyone, however, enjoyed the awesome chocolate cake with almond icing from Potomac Bakery in Dormont (412-531-5067). They create one of the absolute best tasting cakes around. And I KNOW cake!!

Ah, but as this door closes another will soon open as my "little girl" gets ready for the next step... college!

Where does the time go? It feels like only yesterday I was holding her in my arms. When I see a bride's father choking back tears I understand and relate.


Picture proof (note diploma in hand!)


Proud pappa


Something sushi


Dee-licious cake!

No comments: