Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Perfect Moment

Last week I had the pleasure of spending a day with world renowned wedding photographer Joe Buissink. Working from his Beverly Hills studio, Joe has photographed the nuptials of many of Hollywood’s most famous couples. One thing he said was most poignant – “there are no perfect pictures, only perfect moments.”

How true! As I review my work from 2006 I find a lot of perfect moments, all of which can be improved upon with a little Photoshop magic.

Below is one such moment. Kevin couldn’t contain his excitement but his outward expression happened in the blink of an eye. I managed to nail it with one frame. A perfect moment captured.

However, alone this picture was far from perfect. Thanks to Photoshop (and the skill gleaned from 15 + years with the program) I was able to adjust and enhance the image for greater impact. It may not be a perfect photograph, but it is a perfect moment, and perfect moments are what we remember years later.

No comments: