Friday, May 30, 2008

Pittsburgh skyline

It's been said we have the only city in the world with a front door. It's so fun to hear visitor's gasps when they see our city for the first time as they come out of the Ft. Pitt Tunnel.

How ever you see the Pittsburgh skyline, once you do, it never leaves your heart -- which is possibly why Pittsburghers are unique in having so many pictures of their city proudly displayed in homes and offices. I asked a friend who lives in San Francisco how many photos of SF hang in his office. He looked at me oddly and said, "we don't need photos, we have windows!" How boring! As I told him, "we have windows too, of course, but from our window we only see ONE view, with pictures we get to see many views all the time!" He didn't get it.

Thursday evening was so nice I had to take advantage of it by photographing our skyline. It also helped that one of my commercial clients recently asked if I had anything new of the city (we're changing the skyline rather quickly these days!). So a little before sunset up I went to one of my favorite spots. I thought you'd like to see the view, in case you didn't make it out.

PS. In case anyone is wondering, yes, I do sell stock for commercial use as well as prints for home or office decor, custom greeting or post cards.



No comments: