Friday, October 17, 2008

Buon giorno!

What an amazing week!  Italy is one of the most magical places I've ever experienced.  The Italian people are warm and friendly, the scenery is incredibly and the food is out of this world.  Oh yes, and the wine isn't too bad either ;-).

When all was said and done I shot just over 6,000 images covering everything from street scenes, portraits, food shots, vineyards, sunrise, sunset and a whole lot more.  Most of the time we spent in small towns -- the kind that don't get mentioned on highway directional signs.  We did go to a few larger towns, Bologna, Sienna, Pisa, but the time spent there was at the absolute minimum (usually just a few hours).

Even though I took a laptop on the trip, yesterday was the day for a first edit.  Laptops are fine, but I like my dual 23" cinema screens for serious work.  Below are a tiny selection from the first round of editing I hope you enjoy.

Ciao!



It's Italy, fashion is everywhere




Italians don't need gyms to stay fit, they have the landscape of Italy.


The most famous butcher in the world, Dario Cecchini



Did I mention the food?  



Did I mention the grapes and the wine?


And did I mention the tourists??? BLINK

More to come...

No comments: