Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weirton WV Wedding 07.12.08

Saturday I had the pleasure of spending the day with Amanda and John for their wedding at the Weirton Heights Memorial Baptist Church in Weirton, WV. Originally from West Virginia the couple now calls North Carolina home.

We started early at Legal Hair Salon and Day Spa where the girls got some fabulous styles.

Soon it was time to dive into the dress, almost literally! Amanda’s father, Bart, couldn’t hold back the tears when he saw her for the first time.

After a beautiful service by Rev. William C. Stout it was on to make a few special pictures. Since the couple was from a steel town I couldn’t resist suggesting we shoot next to some giant steel coils I spotted while scouting the area. We also did some photos on the railroad tracks near a mill. As you can imagine passersby were quite curious why we were making wedding photos in such an unusual location!

Amanda rode on John’s back for a very special entrance to the reception. After a nice meal prepared by the staff at the Knights of Columbus hall it was time to party!

Thanks so much guys, it was so much fun! I hope you had a good trip home and I'll be talking with you soon.








Very cool shoes!




Rev. Stout had a tissue to the rescue when Amanda started crying during the vows


Bubbles are awesome!








First dance. I love my 85mm 1.2 lens!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry, I absolutely love all of these and John and I are so excited to see the rest of them! Thank you so much for everything.
----Amanda

JDBaker said...

Awesome

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Anonymous said...

i love the pics in this wedding! can you post a link to more of this specific one?