Sunday, March 25, 2007

Time Capsule Parade

I love small town parades and festivals. Over the years I've photographed hundreds of them across the country with the intent of someday putting together a show or book. This weekend Connellsville, PA celebrated the burial of their time capsule. It was a typical small town affair with Boy Scouts, marching band, color guard, fire trucks and a few politicians giving speeches. As with most things in life, it's not what you see, but how you see it. Hopefully you will enjoy what I saw (and how I saw it).

-- The time capsule was given a ride along the route by a horse drawn wagon


-- The local VFW color guard led the marchers


-- Brightly colored umbrellas were the order of the day


-- Folks along the parade route




-- The Boy Scouts surrounding the stage reminded me of the Secret Service protecting the President, only a bit less intimidating...

...or not.

No comments: